Wednesday, August 15, 2012

7 Questions, Back to School Edition



God I can't believe I'm posting this haha
It's a picture of me in high school,
in the back of a volkswagon hippy van that belonged to a friend.
That is indeed a Pepsi, just for all you speculators.
[lol]
It was probably when we were cruisin,
lookin for something to do, which was hard to do in this little town.
Simpler times.

1. It's back to school time! Are YOU going back to school? 

I am not. I could eventually, and might sometime, but as it stands, I'm quite happy with where I am in my life.

2. Speaking of back to school... You receive 10 pts if you can name this movie: 
"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms." 

I have no idea where that's from!
Maybe I'll find out later, for it seems like a lovely show.
[Comes back from checking out Gentri Lee's Blog]
You've Got Mail!
Oh gosh, I haven't seen that show in AGES.
Must watch again soon.

3. Who did you hang out with in school? Cool kids, jocks, nerds, were you a loner, etc? (all are welcome here- btw)

Hmm.. I hung out with a lot of different people honestly.
I ran with several vastly different groups, and none of them really knew each other.
My mom was undeniably confused about that.
She grew up in a small town where she knew every single person in her school.
Mine had 2000+ kids in it. Needless to say, I didn't know them all.
I ran with some jock-types.
Band/choir kids.
Some in-betweeners.
Some nerds. I loved game nights.
{Though I had to date one of them at any given time to actually get invited}
4. What was your favorite subject in school?

I'm not sure I had a 'favorite subject'.
I loved learning, regardless.
I did well in math, was in Calculus my senior year.
I enjoyed science, though disliked taking physics at the same time as calc, they were too similar but different too. Made learning them a headache.
I loved art class, which is consequently where I hung out most with my husband.
History was fun when it was AP History and I actually found it interesting.
English was all right, it could be fun, but I absolutely despised it sometimes/years.
Oh I absolutely loved psychology/sociology. [Took more of those in college than high school though]


5. (I've asked this question before, but it was a while ago) If you had to go back and redo one of the following, which would you choose and why? Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School, College?

I'm curious as to why anyone would redo elementary, perhaps save for enjoyment.
I'd probably redo college. I loved the atmosphere, I loved the learning and experience.
I had a lot of trouble with outside circumstance, which affected my grades and desire to go.
While I don't regret where I am, I do miss it, and think some days I may go back.

6. Home/ Packed Lunch or School Lunch? 

Most the time I did school lunch. Our high school had some really good food.
[This was pre-health kick in schools of course haha]
College I did about half and half, mainly because the food could be good some days,
but most days it was just all right.

7. What's more exciting? The first day of school or the last day of school?
Oooh that's a good question.
Hmmm...exciting? Probably the last day.
Mostly because, if we really think about it,
the first day of school isn't that exciting.
Lots of paperwork, lots of boring same thing talks each class.


Don't forget to go visit Gentri Lee and see what she and others answered!

3 comments:

  1. Love that photo! :D & I enjoyed reading your answers! I admittedly would redo elementary over..eek....just because I had so much fun, made my best friends that I have to this day, and it was so care free for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photo! haha I love looking back on all my weird HS poses ;) That's awesome that you loved math. It was always my least fave... Love your blog! Found it on Gentri's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answers! I wish I liked math. I really do!!

    ReplyDelete