Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's Been Up Today

So sorry my dearies
for a lack of a post today.
I've been super busy!
My inbox has been flooded lately,
and I've been dealing with that in between actually doing things in the out and about land.

For those of you new to the program,
I was just hired at a local coffee shop as a barista.
Well this coffee shop happens to be in a hospital.
And as such, apparently I require a BUTTLOAD of shots to be able to work there.
Immunizations that perhaps some people already have,
and I do not. Or am not sure I do.

By the by, I am a huge needlephobe
So this was not a pleasant thought plaguing my morning.
Also, had to take my husband to work,
so I could use the car, since we only have one.
Lots of organization and being on time.

I came out of the employee health nurses' office smiling!
SMILING!
Can you believe it?
It was actually one of the least stressful medical procedures I've ever had.
{Yes my 'needlephobe' tendencies run to pretty much anything medical. Yuck.}
I had three vials of blood drawn, two vaccinations, and a TB skin test.
I came away lookin like a mummy!
But well, it's all done and over with now. So.
All's well.

I've also been on pins and needles (har har)
waiting to see if my sister was going to be induced today.
Seriously we're just waiting for her to drop the kid.
She's 80% effaced,
or in hubby term "80% in launch position"
and 3 cm dialated.
She also lives an hour away so me and my mom are on the jumping every time the phone rings kick.
But alas, no baby inducin today. (whew)

I've also got my first paid order for a custom blog design!
Isn't that exciting??
Thanks so much to my bestie Rae for the referral!
And working on getting some giveaway prizes all done up.
Busy busy busy.
Also, this song won't stop crooning through my head.


the line "come back to me..and forgive everything!" ahh chills every time!

Random Mrs. White trivia fact:
Moulin Rouge is probably one of my top five movie picks of all time. Maybe even top 3.
Swearsies

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love Moulin Rouge!

    I used to work in a hospital up until March this year. It was unreal how many things you had to do to get the job. Shots, physicals, TB tests, breathing tests, and more. It was hard to keep up with what was due when. I started out in the cafe, then I moved up to our birthing center. And lastly, I went to patient registration. I miss it all. Oh well.

    Exciting news about your sister! is this her first? Are you going to get to be there with her when she delivers?

    Have a great day, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the Rags to Stitches giveaway! Nice to meet you. Following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister is due in 4 weeks, but I don't think she will make it. I can't wait for my niece to arrive. I Moulin Rouge, and now that song is stuck in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being an Aunt and on the blog design business! That's awesome! I've never seen Moulin Rouge.. I should probably get on it.

    ReplyDelete