Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bloggy Bookclub Week 2


"Good morning!
What can I get for you today?
Is that a 16 oz or 20 oz large?
Is that a 12 oz or 16 oz medium?
2 percent or nonfat?
I'm almost caught up with ya!"


Welcome to my vocabulary/what I've been hearing for the past two days.
In case you didn't hear, I've got a new job!
I'm working as a Barista at one of our local coffee shops.
I've never worked in coffee before, and it's a mind blowing good time.
Good news is I'm really loving it.
The girls I work with are great. The people are great.
Everything is pretty fun.
The slightly lesser fun stuff is I'm exhausted!
Who knew four or five hours out of your day could leave you so tired?!
I haven't been working for 2 years now guys, bare with me.
I have a whole new respect for you ladies that blog and have a job.
Seriously, I don't even work that much and I am like...
"I'll get to it soon...*SNORE*"
So I'm super sorry if you've been feeling neglected from my sunshiney face!
Give me a grace period to adjust to this whole work force thing again,
and I promise I'll get back on track!

For now, don't forget to enter into my great giveaways
here and here.
And here's my latest thoughts on Fifty Shades of Grey.
The lovely discussion questions provided by Miss Katlyn.
{Also go contribute to what we'll be reading next!}
Don't forget may be some mature content for them peepers!

"Ana seems to be weak but yet is argumentative with Christian. Do you feel as if the author was to draw here a backbone and make her appear to be stronger in Christians eyes? Do you feel that by her doing so Ana's innocence was lost a bit?"

'Ana seems to be weak'. Agreed. Innocence lost? Not so much (unfortunately). As I mentioned last week, I got fed up with Ana's syrupy sweet saccharine kind of nature. Not a big fan. I like my girls (both in real life and in stories) to have a bit of depth and reality to them. So she was a virgin at first. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing about her one dimensional problems with never moving past that stigma. No matter how much she and he do, it seems like she's still stuck in this delicate little flower mindset, even as she's being flogged and gagged. Mmhm. right. Do I think the author was trying to give her a backbone? Maybe. Who knows, I try not to speculate what the author of books are trying to do. Do I think it was successful? Not really. I will give it to her that I enjoyed the fact that she didn't just fall into line with 'yes sir no sir'. I liked that little bit of fight in her. She just lacked a lot of other things.

What are your feeling about Christian Grey's ever changing personalities?

I like that about him. I like his character, mainly because he has a lot of depth to him. And I'm still wondering why he doesn't like being touched. (Not enough to continue reading the series, mind you. Besides I've heard a lot of horrible crap about the next two books) I like his back story not being one of delight. I like that he has layers and that he's not always the same one faceted individual. I think that's what makes him interesting. Do I think he's a bit temperamental and easily set off? Mm perhaps. But then again, so are a lot of men I know. I also think, with him being this way, those moments of his softness are a bit more enjoyable. They make you smile a little as you read them just because they are rare, and he doesn't even seem to understand them himself. To watch a character begin to evolve without their consent is always fascinating.


So there's your latest installment of my gripey opinionated fest.
I'm sorry if it seems really negative, but I like to discuss things,
and when I'm asked my opinion, I tend to give it exactly how I feel.
Did I enjoy reading the book? Yeah it wasn't bad.
Was I left disappointed? Mmmhm.
But that's okay. I don't mind being disappointed in books.
Doesn't mean I regret reading them. :)

ALSO! Since I'm not sure the next time I'll feel like posting,
{haha you guys were lucky I'm just outa the bath and still awake)
I wanted to show off my latest design!
I worked with sweet delightful B*. She's pretty dang awesome.
And working with her was AMAZING!
She's sweet and easy to get along with,
and besides she had a pretty color pallet and idea!
So go give her a looksee and give her some love from me!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! I always thought being a barista would be so much fun! I've been trying to get Starbucks to hire me just so I can test the waters, haha!

    I feel the same way about both Ana and Christian. I really enjoyed Christians character and the story behind him as for Ana, I was a bit thrown off by her mood swings (maybe she's the one who's fifty shades?) Then again when I was just reading the book and not really thinking in depth about it I really enjoyed it all together.

    Thank you for participating! :) I love reading all about your opinions! :D

    Katlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job!! I had to skip thru the book club paragraphs for now because I'm behind and just got the book so I need to catch up! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog! I love that you have a book club on your blog. I've been meaning to read 50 Shades of Grey. I need to read it! It sounds sooo good. Glad to meet you!
    www.findyoursparkle2.com

    ReplyDelete