Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding SWAP!

You have no idea how incredibly excited I am right now.
To share my utmost favorite comrade with you has been making me squeal for nearly a week now.
Be prepared, for the AWESOMENESS of Rae!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

my best friend’s wedding / as told by rae

Well ! I am so just glad that ‘My Best Friend’s Wedding’ has led to the formation of my camaraderie with the beautiful Mrs. White.

I don’t know if I can actually backtrack the number of times I have seen this movie, but I’m pretty sure that my ‘mad quoting skillz’ can attest to the fact that I’ve seen it well over the normal average ;)

I simply must agree with my dear friend, if you HAVE NOT seen this movie, then you just simply have not lived. And if this movie is NOT on your list of top ten favorites, you have no measure of sensible enjoyment.

I will also add – that if you are not able to quote this movie, then you have a serious glitch and social lacking in your life. There is a whole cult of ‘My Best Friend’s Wedding’ lovers that thrive off of their ability to relate to and quote this one movie to one another.

With that being said...

Utmost Favorite Character:

Yikes! I’m torn between choosing. Yet…while I’ve always identified with Julianne and thought Kimmy to be so hilarious…I’d have to say my favorite character is George. I know…I know…he’s gay! But he is completely sincere and surprisingly romantic. I always kind of hoped that a guy would whisk me away just like George does with Julianne.

“By God, there’ll be dancing.”

Utmost Favorite Scene:

Jello VS. Crème Brule.

Summarizing does no justice for this scene. You simply just have to see it for yourself, here.

Just know this: Crème Brule can never be Jello.

Utmost Favorite Song:

Okay – this movie has a lot of GREAT songs in it. But once again, I’m choosing the unusual answer.

“The Way You Look Tonight”

Yes please. I would love to dance to this song.

Utmost Favorite Quote:

Impossible to choose! I love them all! No lie. But for your enjoyment purposes, I will list of few of my favs…

“I’m writing it up as inventive…and confident.”
First scene of the movie and Julianne is critiquing food (her job). Subconsciously, I think this is what has given me permission all these years to “pretend” to be the wannabe food critic that I am today. Haha!

“Lower. The pus that infects the mucus, that cruds up the fungus that feeds on the pond scum...On the other hand, thank you. For loving me that much, that way, it's pretty flattering.”
Ugh! I can’t believe he went on to make it worse! This is Michael’s comeback to Julianne’s confession. I mean, I’ve always found this somewhat cute. But yet, still so strikingly convicting.

“Who's chasing you? Nobody. Get it! There's your answer.”
Ouch, George. But he’s so right. This one gets me EVERYTIME. How many times have I been that girl? Chasing, only to find out she was never being chased back, or loved back…ugh! It does, however, set the tone for the rest of the movie. Somehow—deep inside, I love that it’s not your typical Hollywood, fairytale-ending movie.

I could go on and on about this movie. Or—I could just tell you to go watch it. Or to re-watch it. Or I could ask for you to share about your favorite parts.

I can (and I will) also tell you to check out Mrs. White’s thoughts over on my blog today!

(click button below)

Chasing Kite Tails

We kind of share some of the same thoughts about this movie. And if not thoughts—then definitely the same passion for it ;)

Love ya girl, so glad were a “Kimmy and Julianne” bunch now ;)


Thank you SOOOOO much Rae for being a fellow compratiate of such a BRILLIANT act of Hollywood gold.
I find it enormously amusing that we share so much of the same thoughts,
especially on the fact of the ending, which I forgot to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment