Monday, March 26, 2012

The Weekend...

...and an upcoming project!

So this weekend was a pretty fair one, all things considered. My mom and I have been missing each other a bit lately, as we've not had the time to hang out on the regular basis we're used to. So my husband volunteered me for some 'mother daughter time, no sharesies' on Saturday. This was a wonderful idea... in theory.

The problem with the fact that my mom and I haven't been speaking as much as we usually do, is that I tend to have a bit of a well of reserved feelings/emotions/things that I have to talk with her about. The latest topic? My grandfather. In a brief nutshell, I have a lot of guilt about not visiting him as often as I should because I've found I no longer know how to interact with him. Perhaps because I'm growing up, or perhaps because he's changed some after my grandmother died two years ago. Ever since her death, it feels like I've been slowly losing him, and he was a very big portion of my life, since he stepped in as a father figure for the majority of my early life. So, to say the least, this feeling is killing me.

And I decided that we were going to talk about it as we meandered through the crap stores downtown. (I mean the home decor stores full of meaningless stuff, and oh god lotion, that pepper the main street of any town anywhere). This topic of conversation, coupled with the as always lingering hover of baby items and the like, of which I've obviously not started yet in the ol' incubator, kind of put me on a low note. I wasn't unhappy persay, just... regretful and pensive. It did not make for a happy me.

So...about the third store, I was tearing up for a countless time, and I finally tell my mom "You know what? I'm sorry, I can't do this.." And as always, she's perfectly understanding. Says she just wants to spend some time with me, and we can do anything it doesn't matter what. Guess what we chose... Drinks!



Yes, we decided to stop by the liquor store on our way back to her house, buy some peach schnapps to accompany her 100 proof vodka at home, and made sex on the beaches... all night. My husband was invited over about half hour after we started, and he started having some Peps. (A random name I have assigned to Dr. Pepper, vodka, and white rum). Needless to say, we all got a little... open... and some of the conversations we had that night I will never dare repeat ever again. Also, my husband is a saint. Again. He managed to fenangle me into some jeans and a sweater after I'd ended up on the concrete floor in a summer dress, complaining of the cold. It was one of those nights.

Though on the way, we of course stopped by Maurice's, and I finally got this god awful gaudy ring that I've had my eye on for some time now. I usually stick to no jewelry besides my wedding ring most days, but I've been pining over this thing forever. So I finally got my hands on it!

Now... a mild hangover (mostly including an uneven stomach all day yesterday) and a day later, here I am. I've decided to finally try and start that jumpsuit project I talked about quite a while ago. I just haven't had the gumption to do it yet, and we'll see how far I get this time. One thing I would like to bring up though is...



THE DREADED PATTERN!

But in all seriousness, I hate trying to first, get the dang things all laid out and trying to figure out what you need and what you don't need, then proceeding to have to cut them all out, and then cut them all out again of the fabric! It just seems like there ought to be a better way!

Also, I'd like to one day find out what kind of high tech machinery they have that folds the damn things into the little perfect envelope. I can't ever for the life of me ever get them back in the way they're supposed to. I usually do okay with smaller pieces, and then the last piece, it's like 'HOW DID YOU EVER GET IN HERE?!'. Gah. Anyway, just needed to rant that tiny bit!

All right, well, wish me luck, and I hope you had as epic of a weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment