Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dear Boys: A Trial Run



So lately I've been trailing along, checking out some new blogs, and came across elise at elise's pieces. Her blog is fun, cute, and spunky, and I enjoy it. I also enjoy the sweet humor of the dear boys posts she blogs about each week. I pondered entering my own to the mix, though I wasn't sure how well qualified I was since I was already married. I don't do a lot of boy oogling lately.

So I decided, after some more inspiration on reading them, that mostly mine will be a bit more on the 'what I wish to say' side, and a little less on the 'oh I'm crushing' side. Hopefully you won't be burned by my venom. Heh.

Here goes...



Dear TMI,

Just because I was nice, and smiled,
doesn't mean I wanted to hear about how your marriage has failed
at the same time you were hitting on me.
Thanks for that.

Ugh,
Just No


Dear GLASG,

Your giggles make me smile so much.
I miss them when you're not here.
I love you much.

Love,
Anamchara


Dear DB,

I thought our friendship was nice,
and then I learned I'm easily replaceable.
I appreciate the boost.

Wising you the worst,
I'm not your buddy, Pal


Dear Broham,

I love you more than I thought I would.
You're incredibly sweet.
I think you'll change the world some day.
Enjoy your lumberjack hat.

Love,
The (cute)thorn in your side


Well... that was refreshing, and oddly cathartic. I'm glad that I had the time to enjoy this, and even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it on a weekly basis, mostly because I'm not usually quite so scorned, (haha), maybe it'll be something I can have fun with from time to time. Again, thanks to elise for putting it together, and go check out her awesome!



Feeling like Dear Abby,

1 comment:

  1. I totally love it when married readers do dear boys posts. I like the different perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete