Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

So far I have to say my valentine's day has been nonconformist. And I absolutely am having a blast so far. My husband just got his greedy little fingers on the new Mass Effect 3 demo for multiplayer, so my background noise this morning is lasers, cursing, and explosions. But I know he's been waiting for this for a long time, so I don't fault him.

But we've been hanging out on the couch together, something we both still love very much since we don't get to do it as often, and we've spent some time giggling over making some very inappropriate candy heart graphics. It's a game over at a forum that I participate in that is looking for the funniest and/or most inappropriate candy heart designs. So my husband helped me with some inspiration, and we had a lot of fun with it.

We're planning on making dinner and dessert together, something we absolutely love, though our tummies were both slightly upset from last night's lasagna roll ups. Think we just got a bit too rich in the cheese department. We might even have a few of our friends over that would otherwise not have plans today, but that's up in the air.

Something I got pretty excited about myself was that our funniest date story got posted up in a 'Gal'-enstine feature over at my wonderful sponsor, From the Guest Room. Scroll down, I'm way at the bottom, most likely because I forgot all about the picture I was meaning to take. Oops >.< But Kate totally pulled it off and I was still pretty excited about it. So thank you Kate for your awesome improvisation!

So however you choose to spend your Valentine's day today, I hope it's a happy one, because so far mine has been really great. May you feel the love of friends, family, and if you're lucky, a superb partner like the one I've got. Because no matter what you're doing, if you're with someone you care about, what more can you ask for on this halmark holiday?

Love and stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story on my blog!! Super cute! Enjoy your dinner and dessert and time with your man today!

    Oh and side note: I totally know what you mean about too much diary! I feel like the older I get, the less cheese or milk I can handle in one sitting! It's kinda sad, I love dairy soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following from Sunday Social. Come visit!
    http://www.mamatinkstinkerings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete